Posted: September 23rd, 2022
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Read the assigned literary work(s) and the handout describing the historical period in which
it was written (i.e., the handout on the Enlightenment Period or the Romantic Period).
2) Go back through the work and find two passages in which the work reflects the historical
period in which it was written (i.e., the Enlightenment, the Romantic period, etc.)
3) Write a short reflection essay:
1) The essay should be at least one full page and no longer than two pages.
2) It should either discuss the work as a representative example of its historical period (i.e.,
how the Declaration of Independence reflects Enlightenment values; how Frederick
Douglass’ Autobiography represents Romantic values, etc.)
3) It should quote the two passages that you have chosen from the work (using MLA-style
parenthetical citations) and use them to discuss the ideas or historical period.
4) Be sure not to quote passages that are too long. If you choose long passages from the work,
select only a short portion of them to quote in your reflection. Three quarters of your
reflection should consist of your own words.
5) Use the following formatting guidelines for your reflection:
1) Times New Roman font (12-pt font)
3) Put your name in the first line.
4) Title your reflection “Reading Reflection: Title of Literary Work.”
6) Do not consult any secondary sources for this reflection. I want to see you thinking about the
literary work. I don’t care what somebody else has to say about it. Take this as an
opportunity to think and to express your own opinion.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.