Posted: December 6th, 2022
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Ch. 19 Study Questions
1. Explain the “cosmological redshift” (which is not the same as Doppler red shift).
2. Why doesn’t the expansion of the universe cause Earth and your body to expand?
3. From Earth, we see all distant galaxies flying away from US. What would you observe if you were located in one of those distant galaxies?
4. What is the cosmic microwave background?
5. What is the blackbody temperature of the microwave background?
6. Name the four fundamental forces in nature.
7. What is the name of the force that holds the atomic nucleus together?
8. The universe is amazingly uniform in temperature. Amazing because there hasn’t been enough time for heat to mix around and bring the universe to uniform temperature. What theory explains this implausible uniformity of temperature?
9. There are about 100 naturally occurring chemical elements, or kinds of atoms. Which ones were made in the Big Bang?
10. Something very important happened to the universe after about 380,000 years. What was it?
11. Which type of galaxy makes stars rapidly?
12. Whey type of galaxy makes stars slowly?
13. What is the most important factor in determining whether the universe will expand forever, or eventually slow down and start contracting?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.