Posted: September 23rd, 2022
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Directions 1. Read and view the readings and resources relating to modern day child development and educational theories found in the Word document titled “Theoretical Perspectives (have added it to the files).”
2. After reading and thinking about the “Theoretical Perspectives” readings and reflecting on your lecture notes from Module 2: Theory in Children’s Literature: Video Notes (I have added my notes to the files), select and read Curious George — a book you have not already read for this class. (Note: Public libraries and storefront book stores have wonderful children’s books sections!).
3. After reading, consider how developmental and educational theories were applied in the writing of the text/illustrations of that book. – What theories can you identify as being used in the creation of the book?
– Consider how theory was used and applied to audience and purpose the book was written for, and then consider how theory is applied as a reader interacts and interprets text/illustrations.
4. Write a focused 2 paragraph analysis on how and why the writer applied developmental and educational theories in the book they wrote. Be sure to identify the theories you feel were applied as well as a full explanation as to how and why those theories were used. Be sure to include the name of the book you read, the author’s name, in text citations (as needed), and a work cited for the book you read. Criteria
1. Ideas and Topic Development: 16 pts
Exceeds. Fully addresses the prompt by communicating a sophisticated and original point of view, using strong support from materials provided.
2. Voice and Style: 2 pts
Voice and Style. Effective word choice and varied sentence structure contribute to a clear and powerful voice.
3. Mechanics: 2 pts
Exceeds. There are very few errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.