Posted: September 23rd, 2022
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Review Chapters 7 & 8 and the videos/handouts from Unit 1 Lesson 2, and watch the Elderly Driver’s Wrong Way Miracle Ride video to prepare for this discussion.
One of the significant role transitions that effects the older adult is their loss of independence when they no longer are driving. Address the following points:
1. Discuss when you think a conversation should take place to remove driving privileges with an elderly adult
2. Explain when do you feel that the older adult should surrender their driver’s license
3. Defend mandatory testing to determine an elderly adult’s ability to drive
-Identify what type of testing
-When it should be initiated
-Frequency of testing (annually, bi-annually).
4. Defend allowing the elderly adult to determine his/her own ability to drive (no mandatory testing parameters
5. List two specific interventions related to the role of the nurse in helping the client through this role transition?
Use the discussion grading rubric to guide your responses.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.