Posted: September 23rd, 2022
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to review current and historical literature related to theories important to the nurse practitioner role. The assignment fosters analytical thinking related to the selected theories as well as application within the profession. Activity Learning Outcomes :
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
CO 3: Demonstrate logical and creative thinking in the analysis and application of a theory to nursing practice. (PO 2, 5)
CO 4: Analyze theories from nursing and relevant fields with respect to the components, relationship among the components, and the application to advanced nursing practice. (PO 1)
Description of the Assignment
An annotated bibliography is an alphabetical list of information sources (such as journal articles), formatted like a bibliography or a reference list, accompanied by a commentary, or annotation, for each source. The purpose of an annotated bibliography is to learn about a topic through a critical review of literature and encourage a deeper engagement with literature to develop analytical skills This assignment presents a method for examining several theories important and useful to the nurse practitioner role. Write an ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY USING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BELOW:
Preparing the Assignment
1. For this assignment, you will use the five theories/models listed below:
a. Health Belief Model b.Transtheoretical Model of Behavioral Change c. Social Cognitive Theory d. Family Systems Theory e. Family Assessment and Intervention Model
2. Search the library for literature. Locate one article related to each selected theory or model.
****** Use only scholarly sources as defined for the NP program: A US based peer -reviewed journal for clinicians (MD/DO/NP/PA) published in the past five years or the latest clinical practice guideline (CPG).*****
3. Prepare an annotated entry for each source. Begin with the full APA citation of the source, followed by 2-3 paragraphs:
a. Summarize the article.
b. Describe how the article relates to the chosen theory/model.
c. Reflect on how the article could (or could not) be relevant to future Nurse Practitioner practice.
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
The paper should include a separate title page using APA format. No reference page is necessary as the references will be incorporated into the body of the bibliography. Entries should be alphabetized by author.
A minimum of 5 (five) scholarly references must be used. Required textbooks for this course, and. College of Nursing lesson information may NOT be used as scholarly references for this assignment. Be aware that information from .com websites may be incorrect and should be avoided.
References are current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided and the instructor has approved them. In-text citations are not required in the annotated bibliography.
Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
1. Quantity of Sources: The annotated bibliography contains at least 5 sources. (WITH FIVE OR MORE SENTENCES EACH)
2. Quality of Sources: Articles reviewed are from scholarly sources. 5 sources MUST BE utilized
3. Recency of Sources: All sources are published within 5 years; if older, permission to use obtained and historical significance explained
4. Summary of Annotations: Annotations comprehensively describe source material, clearly conveying main ideas.All annotations complete with clear explanation (or description) of source material. 5. Relation to Theory/Model: Annotations contain a clear description on how the source relates to the theory/model. All annotations BE complete with clear explanation (or description) of source material.
6. Reflection: Annotations contain a clear reflection of the relevance of the source material to future practice.
All annotations contain a clear reflection of the relevance of the source material to future nursing practice. First person may be utilized.
7. Writing Mechanics: Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal written work as found in the current edition of the APA manual.
8. This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Paper Specifications
Critical elements: • Annotated bibliography format utilized. • Entries are alphabetized by author. • Title page included.
• Each theory is used for no more than 2 annotations
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.